Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

To be diagnosed as diabetic when you are born with a sweet tooth is like being given a death sentence...Well, that was how I thought it to be with my relatives who were diagnosed as type 2(Me being a lover of dessert and all foods sweet). But after having stocked up on vital knowledge on the disease after Joani's diagnosis, I realized that it was not the end of the world after all for dessert lovers like me. Nonetheless, limiting sweets consumption is still a must, so as to stay safe from any potential health trouble arising from diabetes. 

In planning meals for Joani, I have seriously studied the different ways whereby I can tweak recipes to make them diabetes-friendly. Though daunting at first, it is really not that hard when you really get down to doing it. In fact, the guidelines are relatively simple and the needed substitutions are very doable, especially because healthy replacements are widely available nowadays. I wish I could tell you more about these guidelines in this post. But sad to say, I only have half an hour to make a snack for Joani before she gets back from school...

No comments:

Post a Comment